Let’s Encrypt with Josh Aas
“If everyone is going to use TLS, people need to trust their certificate authority, and the way to gain trust is through openness.”
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority developed by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG). The ISRG is a non-profit whose mission is to reduce financial, technological, and education barriers to secure communication over the Internet.
Josh Aas is the Co-founder and Executive Director of the ISRG. He is also a Senior Technology Strategist at Mozilla.
- What is the Internet Research Security Group?
- What is a certificate authority?
- Prior to Let’s Encrypt, what were the steps to turn on https for a website?
- Why is it important to focus on security specifically at the transport layer?
- What are the major problems with modern network security?
- What types of malware and phishing attacks do you see the most these days?
- What are the bottlenecks to widespread adoption of lets encrypt?
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.