Cloudera Chief Technologist Eli Collins Discusses Streaming, Batch, Business, and Open-Source
Cloudera allows enterprises to leverage their data through its Hadoop platform. Eli Collins is the Chief Technologist at Cloudera.
- changes to Hadoop since Cloudera’s founding
- Cloudera’s usage of Spark, Docker, and other open-source technologies
- how enterprises use batch and streaming together
- Cloudera’s open-source policy
- Should Frito Lay open source its chip-making abilities?
- how collaboration occurs between big, competing companies
- the growth of increasingly vertical managed big data platforms like Confluent
- why career growth is about optimizing for learning