Knowledge-Based Programming with Stephen Wolfram Holiday Repeat
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Originally published November 10, 2015
“The cloud as an environment – I had thought it was a purely utilitarian kind of thing. What I realized is that it’s a fascinating centralized repository of computation.”
Wolfram Research makes computing software powered by the Wolfram language, a knowledge-based programming language that draws from symbolic and functional programming paradigms.
Stephen Wolfram is the Founder and CEO of Wolfram Research, and also the author of A New Kind of Science.
- What inspired you to start Wolfram Research?
- What is the Wolfram language?
- How does the Wolfram language benefit from thinking of itself as a functional language?
- How are your different pieces of software wired through the Wolfram language?
- What is your book A New Kind of Science about?
- Are we living in a simulation?
- Is fear of AI a legitimate concern, and if so what preventative measures can we take?
- Wolfram Research
- Mathematica: what is symbolic programming?
- A New Kind of Science
- Stephen on Twitter