CodeNewbie with Saron Yitbarek
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
“There are advantages in the newness of coding.”
CodeNewbie is a community of programmers and people learning to code. There are so many people learning about software today, and CodeNewbie gives them a place to hang out, socialize, and become comfortable with the world of software. CodeNewbie has an excellent podcast, and if you like Software Engineering Daily you should check it out.
Saron Yitbarek is the guest today, she is the creator of CodeNewbie. In this episode of Software Engineering Daily, Saron sits down to talk about learning to code after she had already had several careers, spanning biology, public radio, and marketing.
- When and why did you learn how to code?
- What were your first steps in learning once you decided that you wanted to be a programmer?
- What are the biggest barriers to people who are learning to code?
- What inspired you to start CodeNewbie?
- What does the CodeNewbie community look like, and what makes it tick?
- What are the advantages to learning to code later in life?
- What are the backgrounds of the students in the Tech Jobs Academy?
- Is it still worth it to get a computer science degree?
- What’s next for CodeNewbie?
- Tell Me More : NPR
- Tech Jobs Academy
- Floodgates of Assholery
- The Lean Startup
- Saron’s page