“The lessons that we’re learning on the front-end and on the server side are applicable to hardware. I don’t think that anything’s gonna arise out of hardware that we haven’t thought of yet.”
Andrew Chalkley is a hardware hobbyist, software engineer and a full-time teacher at Treehouse.
- Does the JS written for hardware look significantly different from JS on other platforms?
- Why is IoT coming to fruition now – what technology is enabling it?
- Why are embedded linux devices for IoT appealing?
- How do you decide which cloud hosting platforms to invest in when building IoT devices?
- Andrew’s talk at Fluent
- Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Raspberry Pi Zero: the $5 computer
- Espruino Pico
- Intel Edison
- Andrew on Twitter
|Hired.com is the job marketplace for software engineers. Go to hired.com/softwareengineeringdaily to get a $600 bonus upon landing a job through Hired.|
|Cloudinary is the image back-end for web and mobile developers. Visit cloudinary.com to try it out.|