Web Accessibility with Nic Steenhout
“But the bottom line is, accessibility is actually a challenge for coders, and I’ve yet to meet a coder that doesn’t like a good challenge.”
Disabled individuals account for over a billion people worldwide. This represents the world’s largest minority on the Web, with $220 billion in discretionary spending power in the United States alone. Yet, the accessible web is more than a financial issue – it is also a moral issue, and it is crucial that we make the web accessible to ensure an equitable information platform.
Nic Steenhout is a software engineer and an accessibility consultant at Simply Accessible.
- What is accessibility engineering?
- Why is accessibility so important for developers to focus on?
- What are the steps companies are taking to improve the accessibility of their products?
- How did you get involved in the field of accessibility?
- How have accessibility solutions evolved since the 90’s?
- How did your life change after you began using a wheelchair?
- What is something counterintuitive you have learned about accessibility?