npm with Laurie Voss
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Node.js powers an increasing number of applications in the modern web. As node’s popularity grew, npm evolved in parallel as its default package manager and it has become a robust system for sharing and developing node programs. Yet today, npm is growing beyond its roots, and poised to become a generalized framework for all kinds of workflows within web development.
Laurie will be giving a talk at the 2016 O’Reilly Fluent Conference. If you want to win a free ticket to the conference, tweet about your favorite episode of Software Engineering Daily and tag @fluentconf and @software_daily.
Laurie Voss is the CTO of npm, Inc.
- What is special about node and npm?
- Was the vision from the beginning for npm to evolve into more than a package manager?
- What is useful for a developer to know about semantic versioning?
- What does the company npm do?
- Where do you see web development going in the future?
- Laurie’s talk at Fluent
- Dr. Frankenstyle
- Node.js at PayPal
- Laurie on Twitter