npm with Laurie Voss
Node.js powers an increasing number of applications in the modern web. As node’s popularity grew, npm evolved in parallel as its default package manager and it has become a robust system for sharing and developing node programs. Yet today, npm is growing beyond its roots, and poised to become a generalized framework for all kinds of workflows within web development.
Laurie will be giving a talk at the 2016 O’Reilly Fluent Conference. If you want to win a free ticket to the conference, tweet about your favorite episode of Software Engineering Daily and tag @fluentconf and @software_daily.
Laurie Voss is the CTO of npm, Inc.
- What is special about node and npm?
- Was the vision from the beginning for npm to evolve into more than a package manager?
- What is useful for a developer to know about semantic versioning?
- What does the company npm do?
- Where do you see web development going in the future?
- Laurie’s talk at Fluent
- Dr. Frankenstyle
- Node.js at PayPal
- Laurie on Twitter
|DigitalOcean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.|
|Cloudinary is the image back-end for web and mobile developers. It offers an end-to-end solution for all your image-related needs. Visit cloudinary.com to try it out.|