Containers and PaaS with Steve Pousty
“Does the real world match the truth? If not, make the world match the truth.”
You keep hearing about containers, and maybe you have even used Docker in production. Now, it’s time to move beyond Docker. In today’s episode of Software Engineering Daily, Steve Pousty talks about OpenShift, a platform from RedHat that helps engineers leverage the power of containers and the dev ops harmony of microservices.
To hear these buzzwords, you can always listen to Software Engineering Daily. But to see these buzzwords demonstrated in live presentations, the 2016 O’Reilly Fluent Conference is coming up March 8-10 in San Francisco, and you can get a chance to win a free ticket by tweeting at us about your favorite episode of Software Engineering Daily. Include the hashtag #fluentconf and and tag us @software_daily to make sure we can see your tweet.
Steve Pousty is a Developer Advocate (and PaaS Dust Spreader) at Red Hat.
- What drives the difference in perspective between dev and ops?
- What is OpenShift and how does it compare to other Paas products?
- Why is Docker useful for a platform as a service like OpenShift?
- Why would I use Openshift to build my microservices architecture?
- What are some best practices for dev and ops to manage their working relationship?
- How does testing fit into the relationship between developers and operations?
- What is the future of the platform as a service?
- Steve on Twitter
- Steve’s talk at Fluent
- Docker Swarm
|Codeship is a fast and secure hosted Continuous Delivery platform that scales with your needs. Visit codeship.com to get started today.|
|Wealthfront is the automated investment service that manages your investments online. Check out wealthfront.com/sedaily to get your first $15,000 managed for free, as a listener of Software Engineering Daily.|