The Fluent Conference with Peter Cooper and Simon St. Laurent
“Its very easy to run an event where you have people literally teaching you what you could learn from a book or a video or whatever. What we need to provide is an experience, so that people can actually make a transformation from where they are now to where they want to be.”
This week of shows on Software Engineering Daily focuses on O’Reilly’s Fluent Conference, a yearly software conference that focuses on the web and the tools used to build modern applications.
Software Engineering Daily is giving away a ticket to The Fluent Conference, which will be held March 8-10 in San Francisco. To be entered in a random drawing for this free ticket, tweet about your favorite episode of Software Engineering Daily between now and February 22nd. Include the hashtag #fluentconf and and tag us @software_daily to make sure we can see your tweet.
- What has changed in the last year, with regards to web technologies?
- What are the aspects of web development that were true a year ago, that may be even more true today?
- What do you think about the React Native approach to unify web and mobile platforms?
- Why are people getting so excited by React?
- How is React emblematic of the ways that developer preferences are changing?
- What is the difference between the web platform and the internet?
- Why is Docker important to the web platform?
- What is your goal for the Fluent conference?