Building a Marketplace for Engineers with Breanden Beneschott
“It’s like trying to give any sort of standardized test to people who are essentially hackers – these things get hacked. People are much more complex than an automated algorithm test.”
Toptal is a platform for hiring the top freelance engineers and designers in the world. Toptal vets its applicants with a thorough and holistic process to ensure that both employers and engineers find the right fit.
Breandan Beneschott is the cofounder and COO of Toptal.
- Why did you start Toptal?
- What’s lacking with existing freelance websites like Upwork?
- How many of the engineers on Toptal have a degree versus being self-taught?
- What does the whiteboard coding challenge look like?
- What rates are engineers getting on Toptal?
- What is your long-term plan?
- Can you talk about the technology that powers Toptal?