Mesos and Docker in Practice with Michael Hausenblas
Apache Mesos is an open-source cluster manager that enables resource sharing in a fine-grained manner, improving cluster utilization.
Michael Hausenblas is a developer and cloud advocate with Mesosphere, which builds the Datacenter Operating System (DCOS), a distributed OS that uses Apache Mesos as its kernel.
- Can you give the historical context for cluster computing?
- How are the distributed systems needs of different companies changing?
- What is Apache Mesos and how does it fit into this ecosystem?
- What are the operational problems that Mesos alleviates?
- What is the history of Kubernetes?
- How does a container work?
- Where is the interface between Mesos and Kubernetes?
- Does Kubernetes provide any cluster-wide services that Mesos can take advantage of?
- Apache Mesos
- Borg: The Predecessor to Kubernetes
- Can we have Kubernetes on Mesos?
- Michael on Twitter
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.