Teaching Kids to Code with Rebecca Garcia
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
“Software engineering projects don’t fail because of a lack of technical ability, they fail because of a lack of communication.”
Rebecca Garcia is the creator of GeekGirlWeb and founder of CoderDojo NYC. She spends much of her time educating people about the importance of STEM education, particularly in the domain of programming.
- Why did you consider so important to further the cause of STEM education?
- When you’re introducing a young person to programming, what is the best way to approach it?
- What do you think about NYC’s initiative to teach CS in all public schools within 10 years?
- What are the biggest misconceptions about the conversation around women in tech?
- How do you balance tech evangelism and actual coding?
- What’s the most surprising thing you’ve learned while teaching kids to code?
Hired.com is the job marketplace for software engineers. Go to hired.com/softwareengineeringdaily to get a $600 bonus upon landing a job through Hired.
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.