The Future of React with Christopher Chedeau
“When I started React Native, everyone I talked to was like you need the primitives to be platform specific, otherwise this is too crazy, everyone’s tried the cross-platform dream – it doesn’t work.”
React Native is leading to a future where a developer can build native experiences on web, iOS and Android platforms without having to write 3x the code.
Christopher Chedeau is an engineer at Facebook who works on the React team.
- What is the big picture of the future that Facebook is building towards with its open source projects?
- Why is mobile a step back for developer organizations?
- What was the motivation to build Nuclide?
- Do you have to use XCode for iOS development using React Native?
- How has open source been so successful at Facebook?
- How has your experience been organizing React Conf?
- Do people in developing countries use Facebook in different ways?
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.