CodeCombat with Nick Winter
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
“It’s not obvious why programming is awesome – you can’t build anything at first, everything is really hard at first – what’s the point? And so we decided, lets make a game so that the engagement is there from the first moment.”
CodeCombat is a multiplayer live coding strategy game where the players write code to control their characters.
Nick Winter is the CEO and Co-founder of CodeCombat.
- Where did you get the idea to build CodeCombat?
- How is this different from the gamification at other websites like Code cademy?
- How does multiplayer work?
- What level of programming skill will someone have when they finish playing through CodeCombat?
- How do you build and render the animations on the front-end?
- What games inspired CodeCombat?
- Why did you open-source all of your code?
Hired.com is the job marketplace for software engineers. Go to hired.com/softwareengineeringdaily to get a $600 bonus upon landing a job through Hired.
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.