Haskell with Lennart Augustsson
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
“We might be coming back to these languages that make it easier to program parallel machines.”
Haskell is a purely functional programming language that employs lazy evaluation.
Lennart Augustsson is a computer scientist who is heavily involved with Haskell, and created the first publicly available Haskell compiler. He is also the author of the Cayenne programming language.
- What makes Haskell a unique language?
- What is a purely functional programming language?
- What is lazy evaluation?
- Will you define what a monad is?
- Why did you create Cayenne?
- How does working in academia compare to industry?
- In what ways does Haskell represent the future of software development?
Hired.com is the job marketplace for software engineers. Go to hired.com/softwareengineeringdaily to get a $600 bonus upon landing a job through Hired.
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.