Galvanize Data Science with Jonathan Dinu and Ryan Orban
“There’s not enough data scientists out there, and every company wants them to do everything. So, you really have to focus on ‘How can I be most impactful with the limited time and resources I have?’ ”
Galvanize Data Science is a 12-week data science program born out of Zipfian Academy, which was acquired by Galvanize in 2014.
Jonathan Dinu and Ryan Orban were the founders of Zipfian, and are now continuing their work to teach data science at Galvanize.
- What is a t-shaped person?
- What do you teach at the beginning of your data science curriculum?
- How do you teach students to bridge the gap between creating analytical models and deploying production code?
- Do you teach data engineering tools in the curriculum?
- What are the most important things you’ve learned from your students?
- How are data scientists and poker players similar?
- Galvanize Data Science
- Zipfian Academy
- Ryan’s talk on data science
- Jonathan on Twitter
- Ryan on Twitter
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.