Accessibility Engineering with Léonie Watson
Designing software and toolkits with accessibility in mind is important to ensure that everyone has equal access to the internet.
Léonie Watson is an accessibility engineer and a director at the British Computer Association of the Blind.
- What was your experience as a web developer in the late 90’s dot com boom?
- What is diabetic retinopathy?
- How does a screen reader work?
- What is a common design pattern to refactor inaccessible engineering to be accessible?
- Can you talk about how a webpage is converted to an audible format with accessibility APIs?
- How have smartphones affected what its like to be blind?
- Are there libraries, tools or best practices developers can use to improve accessibility?
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.