Replacing Hadoop with Joe Doliner
“There are a lot more people who have the problem that Hadoop solves than there are people using Hadoop.”
Pachyderm is a containerized data analytics platform that seeks to replace Hadoop.
Joe Doliner is the Co-founder and CEO of Pachyderm. Previously he worked as a software engineer at RethinkDB and AirBnB.
- Why are Hadoop and Zookeeper tightly coupled?
- What are the problems with having to specify map reduce jobs as Java classes?
- How does Pachyderm File System (PFS) compare to Git?
- Who is using Pachyderm?
- Is it an overall societal weakness that we feel a need to get picked?
- If Cloudera came to you tomorrow and offered to acquire you for $12 million, would you do it?