Responsive Government with Santiago Siri
“Everything has changed around our lives — the way we connect with each other, the way we communicate, the way we work, even the way we fall in love – except the way we govern ourselves, as a society.”
DemocracyOS is an open-source application for online decision making. The organization’s goal is to enable more responsive and transparent communication with government using modern technology.
Santiago Siri is the president of DemocracyOS.
- What are the problems with democracy that could be solved with technology?
- How does the DemocracyOS app work?
- What are the P2P identity management solutions you’ve explored?
- Were there any previous nonprofits that went through YC whose path you were able to learn from?
- Is authority necessary in government?