GraphQL and Relay with Nick Schrock
GraphQL is a query language for managing client-server interactions.
Relay is a new way of structuring client applications that co-locates data fetching with view logic.
These technologies complement the paradigm shift of React and other Facebook technologies.
Nick Schrock is the co-creator of GraphQL and an engineer on product infrastructure at Facebook.
- How does REST manage client server interaction?
- Before GraphQL, how did Facebook deal with typical client-server issues?
- If a developer wants to work with GraphQL, do they need to use Relay as well?
- Could you describe a mutation in Relay?
- Why do Relay and GraphQL work nicely with React?
- How does GraphQL fit into the Flux architecture?