Functional Programming with Jessica Kerr
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Functional languages encourage practices and patterns that can simplify concurrent programming.
Scala, Clojure, and Akka are functional tools built on the Java Virtual Machine.
Jessica Kerr is a functional developer on the JVM. She currently works at Monsanto. At QCon San Francisco, she will be giving a talk called Contracts in Clojure: Settling Types vs. Tests.
- How does Scala compare to Clojure?
- What are some best practices for using threadpools?
- What is the actor model?
- Does functional programming simplify concurrency?
- What are the most important lessons from your talk Functional Principles for Object Oriented Development?
- Jessica Kerr at QCon SF
- YouTube: Functional Principles for Object-Oriented Development
- Jessica Kerr Blog
- Abstractivate: Functional Programming Blog
- Stereotype Threat