Push Databases with RethinkDB CEO Slava Akhmechet
RethinkDB is an open-source database for the realtime web.
RethinkDB pushes changes to the application rather than waiting for a request.
Slava Akhmechet is the CEO of RethinkDB.
- RethinkDB supports a “push” model rather than request handling. Why?
- What are some use cases for pushing data?
- What does the full-stack architecture look like when the database has push?
- What did you learn from the Meteor team?
- Is RethinkDB like a database with a messaging layer built in?
- How do you define the “real-time” buzzword?
- What are the transaction, data, and consistency models?