Sidechains and Lightning Networks with Rusty Russell
A sidechain is a blockchain you can move bitcoins into and back from, which may have different abilities than the bitcoin blockchain.
The lightning network is a caching layer for bitcoin, which allows instant sending and failover to the normal bitcoin network if something goes wrong.
Rusty Russell is an Australian free software programmer and advocate, known for his work on the Linux kernel’s networking subsytem and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard.
- What is a sidechain?
- How do you define a blockchain?
- What is a micropayment channel?
- What is a lightning network?
- How do lightning networks enable micropayments?
- How do lightning networks enable purchase of a cup of coffee?
- How do sidechains affect altcoins?