Ethereum with Aaron Davis
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud, or third-party interference.
Aaron Davis works on MetaMask, which brings Ethereum apps to the web browser. In this monologue episode, Aaron dives deep into the Ethereum internals, philosophy, and developer experience.
- How does a blockchain represent a Merkle tree?
- Can a blockchain represent a state transition system or Turing Machine?
- Why isn’t Bitcoin’s scripting language Turing complete?
- What is Ethereum?
- How does Ethereum compare to Bitcoin?
- What is the story behind Ethereum?
- What is a smart contract?
- Is a smart contract the same as a server?
- Can Ethereum be used to prevent a malicious AI from developing?
- Why is Ethereum important?
- Ethereum Home Page
- Ethereum White Paper
- Vitalik Buterin on Singularity 1 on 1
- Vitalik Buterin on Future Thinkers Podcast