Apache Spark Creator Matei Zaharia Interview
Apache Spark is a fast and general engine for big data processing.
Matei Zaharia created Spark, and is the co-founder of Databricks, a company using Spark to power data science.
- What was the motivation behind creating Spark?
- How much faster is a Spark job than a Hadoop job?
- What is the relationship between streaming and batch processing?
- Is Spark’s core advantage over Storm and Samza its usability?
- How useful is containerization to Spark?
- What standard library features are being worked on?
- What is the future of Spark?