Continuous Delivery and Test Automation with Flo Motlik
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
“It’s Friday night and you’re basically out of the office on your way to meet with friends. And you just merge this thing and put it into production because you have that trust – that the system will capture any kind of problem.”
Continuous integration and deployment are important tools for modern software development. With continuous integration and deployment, individual engineers can push code without waiting to synchronize with the rest of the team on a big software release.
Today on Software Engineering Daily, Flo Motlik, the CTO of Codeship, joins us to discuss continuous integration, dev ops, and microservices. In full disclosure, Codeship is a sponsor of Software Engineering Daily, but we would be doing this interview whether or not that was the case, because Flo has a lot to say about software engineering. In this show, we get into conversations and case studies of how software teams take continuous deployment from theory into practice.
- How does an organization without continuous integration or delivery compare to one with these processes?
- How should testing strategy be structured to work with a continuous deployment infrastructure?
- What is a continuous deployment pipeline, and why is it so important?
- How do you define DevOps?
- Where did you get the idea to start Codeship?
- What are the performance benefits of parallelizing tests?
- Product Hunt
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Writing Good Rake Tasks * But Were Afraid to Asks
- Lending Crowd
- Flo’s page
|Wealthfront is the automated investment service that manages your investments online. Check out wealthfront.com/sedaily to get your first $15,000 managed for free, as a listener of Software Engineering Daily.|
|Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.|