Engineering at Quora with Shreyes Seshasai
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
“If an engineer is doing something repeatedly over and over again, their mind is immediately going to jump to that place where it’s like ‘Okay how can I make this faster?’ or ‘How can I save myself time?’”
Quora is a Q&A website where questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users.
Shreyes Seshasai is the Director of Engineering at Quora.
- Is there a false dichotomy between development velocity and code quality?
- What does it mean to “move fast at average”?
- How do you incentivize people to automate?
- Why does Quora engineering not have pre-commit code reviews?
- How do you handle testing for desktop, iOS and Android?
- What are Webnode and Livenode?
- What is the relationship between engineering and design teams at Quora?
- Moving Fast With High Code Quality
- Quora’s Approach To Moving Fast Sustainably
- Tech Talk – webnode2 and LiveNode
- Amazon Redshift
- Shreyes on Twitter
Hired.com is the job marketplace for software engineers. Go to hired.com/softwareengineeringdaily to get a $600 bonus upon landing a job through Hired.
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.