MotherCoders with Tina Lee
“There was a need to create a space where mothers felt welcome, because our challenges – they’re very different from people who are learning who don’t have these types of caregiving responsibilities.”
MotherCoders is a program that helps mothers gain technical skills with the support of a community and benefits like on-site childcare.
Tina Lee is the Founder of MotherCoders, having created the program to meet her own need after trying to find existing support systems while learning how to code.
- What inspired you to start MotherCoders?
- What do you mean by the “new economy”?
- Do you see imposter syndrome being an obstacle when people are starting to code?
- Why do mothers represent an ideal group to bridge the gap in tech employment?
- There is a saying – when you empower a woman, you empower the family. Why is this?
- How can people get involved with MotherCoders?
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.