Dwarf Fortress with Tarn Adams
“The official motto that we have in our help manual is ‘Losing is fun!’ ”
Dwarf Fortress is a construction and management simulation computer game set in a procedurally generated fantasy world in which the player indirectly controls a group of dwarves, and attempts to construct a successful underground fortress.
Tarn Adams works on Dwarf Fortress with his brother Zach.
- What is the objective of Dwarf Fortress?
- Does the way you’ve designed the gameplay reflect any philosophy about life that you have?
- What language is Dwarf Fortress written in?
- Do people build constructs in Dwarf Fortress that you would never have expected?
- Did your studying complex math at Stanford affect how you’ve developed Dwarf Fortress?
- What advice would you give to developers listening that want to create their own game?
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.