Hiring Engineers with Ammon Bartram
“Humans are the most complicated thing out there – judging human skill is extremely hard, there’s all kinds of ways that people can be good.”
Triplebyte is a technical hiring platform that vets engineers using a comprehensive evaluation platform and connects them to companies that are interesting in hiring them. Triplebyte was part of the Y Combinator summer class of 2015.
Ammon Bartram is the Chief Data Officer and cofounder of Triplebyte. Previously, Ammon was lead video developer at Justin.tv and also cofounded SocialCam.
- Why are programming job interviews broken?
- Who do Y Combinator companies want to hire?
- Why do companies seem to prefer engineers with product experience over academic experience?
- Are there any markers we can rely on for hiring?
- How do you scale such a labor-intensive process like hiring?
- What is one piece of advice you would give to companies to improve their hiring process?
- What’s the best way for a candidate to hack the system?
Digital Ocean is the simplest cloud hosting provider. Use promo code SEDAILY for $10 in free credit.