Facebook Presto with Christopher Berner
Presto is a low latency SQL language built for interactive analysis.
Christopher Berner works on Presto at Facebook.
- Is Presto for data scientists, developers, or everyone?
- What are the problems with Hive?
- How does Hive break a query into mapreduces?
- How do the clients, coordinators, and workers interact?
- Is Presto both fast and cheap?
- How does Presto tune Java to get speed improvements?
- What are the advantages to doing open-source within Facebook but not within Apache?