Discover the Future of Development at OSDC 2021
Look, we know that as developers, you don’t like when we mince words, or use jargon as a crutch, so here’s a refreshing thought: we’re not going to. We could give you an entire spiel around the fact that technology is infused into every aspect of every industry, and that developers are key to building the future, and everything… but you’ve all been doing it, and probably for some time now. The future you built is the incredible one we have today, and the one you’re building for everyone tomorrow.
We want to give you a competitive edge. That’s what we believe OutSystems has to offer you. Remember the good old “Work smarter, not harder” thing? OutSystems was built from the ground up with that very concept in mind. We’ve always been a developer platform, because at the core of what we are and do is the notion that we want to make developers’ lives easier.
And make no mistake: if someone ever tells you that programming is easy, they don’t know what they’re talking about. It may come easily to people, like you, that have invested in learning it throughout the years — but it’s never an easy task. We know that fact, we acknowledge that fact, so we want to help you focus your brainpower on the stuff that really matters: we want to enhance your programming powers.
So, if you haven’t heard about what it is specifically that we bring to the table, if you’re keen on learning a bit more about OutSystems, or even if you just want to be around other people like you who’ve already embraced the technology, know that the OutSystems Developer Conference (OSDC) was created just for you. No fluff, just the real deal.
Our Developer Conference is where you’ll get the chance to join our global community of developers to learn and share how to use OutSystems to build stuff that matters, faster than ever. This is no vague promise, you’ll get the stories and testimonies from people who have really done it, and they’re eager to show you how they did it.
Whether you’re an experienced developer or just starting out your career, this conference is the place to be, to draw inspiration from, and not by being shown some vague display of technology that you can’t really get your hands on: we expect you to start getting your hands dirty, and we’ll be right there by your side to guide you through it.
Here are the details: OSDC 2021 is a two-day free and virtual conference taking place on the 17th and 18th November. It’s (really) designed by developers with developers in mind, but with something for everyone who’s keen on getting the technical details, such as architects and IT managers alike. It’s all about kickstarting or levelling up your OutSystems knowledge, with technical sessions that focus on solving real-world problems — and always a bit of fun, on top.
You’ll get to connect with other developers in the very lively OutSystems community, get the chance to add new skills to your resumé, and find out all about what’s new and upcoming with the OutSystems platform. With around 100 speakers from the OutSystems community, presenting from all around the globe, we made sure there was something for everyone.
With that out of the way, take a gander at what we have to offer next.
What to Expect at OSDC 2021
OSDC 2021 will include more than 150 sessions covering twelve different learning tracks, including:
- Explore the OutSystems Platform: Designed for newcomers to OutSystems, our Developer Advocates will provide a broad overview into the most important aspects of developing in OutSystems so you can learn how to start building your own apps right away.
- Adoption Best Practices: What’s the best way to onboard OutSystems in your organization? From the stages of the Adoption Journey to the tools that can help accelerate the adoption process, these sessions will explain how to get started fast and get started right so you can take full advantage of the platform.
- Development: In this track we’ll cover next-level skills like mobile synchronization and comparing Frameworks to IoT magic.
- UX/UI: OutSystems makes it easy to not only design apps that look great, but deliver great functionality too. In this track, we’ll cover the ins and outs of designing applications in OutSystems that deliver the best user experience.
- Testing & Integrations: No app is an island. In this track, we’ll cover everything you need to know about connecting and testing in OutSystems so you can ensure your application plays well with others.
- Front-End: In this track, we’ll discuss how to bring a design to life in OutSystems through themes, utilizing Forge components, customizing CSS, and more.
- Data & Processes: We’ll show you how to dig into your data and processes to better understand how they can help you significantly improve the capabilities of your apps.
- Careers: Did you know that there are multiple paths to take as an OutSystems Developer? Whether your path is DevOps, Tech Lead, or Front-end developer, we’ll discuss all the different ways being an OutSystems dev can impact your career.
- New Generation of Developers: Our passion is making development available for all. In this track, we’ll be busting myths about who developers are and where they can be found so you can better understand how we can all build a more inclusive development community.
- Community: This track is all about one of OutSystems’ most important features: our developer community. Find out where to get your questions answered, how to join user groups, how to stay up-to-date on the latest, and more.
- Apps Making a Difference: We believe in the power of developers to change the world. In this track, developers across our community will share some of the incredible apps they’ve built using OutSystems to improve the lives of others.
- Case Studies: Want to see what an OutSystems app looks like in the real world? In this track, developers will share the apps they’ve built, how they built them, and their lessons learned from the trenches.
OSDC 2021 will be our biggest OutSystems developer conference yet. Don’t miss your chance to get critical training and meet other developers from around the globe. Register for OSDC 2021 for free now.